Family counseling is a way to help families improve communication and resolve conflicts. It can involve all family members or just those willing to participate. Sometimes the family members meet with me via telehealth to discuss their reactions and interactions with people suffering from Addiction or other Mental Health concerns. I can help people explore their feelings, develop coping strategies and set boundaries. This doesn’t automatically solve every problem or make bad situations go away, but it can help family members understand one another better and handle situations in healthier way.
How do you know when to reach out for help?
- When your child is endangering himself or threatening to harm himself or others.
- When your other children are unhappy, frightened or upset by a sibling’s behavior or a parent’s response to that behavior.
- When the child’s behavior is interfering with his or her daily life, or the family’s functioning.
- When disagreements about how to handle a child’s problems put a strain on your marriage or partnership.
- When you, as a parent, don’t know what to do.
If you would like more information or would like to set up an appointment, please call me at 716-572-8677 or fill out the form on our contact page.